top of page

Land bank discusses site with port authority


The Williams County Land Reutilization Corp., or land bank, discussed possible lots to be used by the Williams County Port Authority during Thursday’s meeting.


“As you know, we’re still looking for some more single family lots,” said Ashley Epling, representing the port authority. She also asked if the land bank still has funds to demolish a couple of potential houses, though it was decided permission has not been given to port authority to demolish either of the structures by the owners.


“The owner needs to contact us,” advised land bank chair Brian Wieland. However, there are funds that can be used if something becomes available.


The land bank also heard a request from Edon to extend Franklin Street through the old school property that was recently demolished via the land bank.


Wieland said the south parcel of the property is still tied up with legal matters but the board will keep the request in mind when it is able to make changes.


The land bank also discussed a couple of funding programs it is considering pursuing to help with housing.


The board also agreed to change the way contractors are paid for demolition of structures, going from 90% when the demolition is finished and the remaining 10% after reseeding of site to 75% on demolition and 25% after seeding.


The land bank will also consider a future change in how it deals with “lowest and best” bids for certain projects. Members of the board stressed they prefer to work with local contractors as much as possible, but agreed the lowest bid may not always be the best.


Staff from Maumee Valley Planning Organization will likely bring back some possible policy language for the next meeting.


Following an executive session, the land bank also voted to award two properties in Montpelier for renovation. The property at 319 E. Water St. was awarded to Peltcs Lumber and the property at 419 W. Wabash St. was awarded to JM Castleline Ltd.

3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

コメント

5つ星のうち0と評価されています。
まだ評価がありません

評価を追加
bottom of page